>

15 juil. 2016

REVIEW : Losing It by Cora Carmack

16034964
Losing It - Cora Carmack
Publisher : William Morrow
Release Date : February 26th 2013
Genres : NA, Contemporary Romance
Pages : 259
Rating : ★☆☆

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. 
But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. 
And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

I know what you're going to say : "Another teacher/student relationship, really ? Unteachable wasn't enough for you ?"

Well, let me stop you right there because Losing It is nothing like Unteachable. While the latter has a serious and dramatic tone, the former is light-hearted and hilarious.

The main character is a twenty-two year old student afraid to lose control and is, much to her dismay, still a virgin. She's clumsy, straight-forward and always manages to find herself in ridicoulously funny (at least to us) situations. I have to admit, I was struck to see how much we were alike. The crazy-talking, the dancing... And a lot of other stuff but I don't want to give too much away.

And then, there is the male interest. British, composed and direct, just as I like them. I'm sick of unsaid things between characters, it drags around the story and it's frustrating. Losing it, on the contrary is refreshing and it's a short story. The author didn't make the mistake of trying to fill the book with useless stuff.

Their relationship progressed too fast in my opinion. First, they decide to keep things platonic and the next second they want to give it a try. I mean, okay I get it, he's gorgeous and his accent... Ahem ... But I think it would've been better if their decision had a trigger. Something disruptive that makes them realize that they have to try, no matter the consequences. But hey, you can't have everything.

However, I liked their chemistry, they are drawn toward each other and yes sometimes things get cheesy but cheesy is good from time to time.

Anyway, this was pretty good. I wanted a fun and sexy romance, I got it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire