>

23 août 2017

The Longest Book Tag !

Hello everyone !

Today I'm doing the longest book tag. It was created by Ditsha from Bewitchingly Paranoid and I was tagged by Sam from Tsundoku Books.

The Rules:
1. Make a list of the five longest books you've ever read.
2. Select two of the longest books on your TBR.
3. Discuss.
4. Tag others

All of these books have more than 500 pages. This post would be a little dull if I repeated five times how much I loved those books so instead I'm going to tell you what kept me reading.

Longest Books I've Read


- A Dance With Dragons (ASOIAF #5) by Georges RR Martin, 1125 pages : The plot is so well crafted. There is so much going on, so many characters to analyze. I can spend hours thinking about this series, that's the whole point of a book right ? You'll get to read most of my interpretations with my review of the season 7 so stay tuned for that.


- The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson, 541 pages : This book has a great world-building. Everything is explained and the magic system is pretty unique.

- Froi of the Exiles (The Lumatere Chronicles #2), 593 pages : After reading the first book I disliked Froi. Seriously, if I could erase him from the book I would have. When I saw that he was the main character of the sequel I had mixed feelings but I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed. I started to care for Froi without realizing it, I loved this story. And it's not just him, a lot of new great characters are introduced. They're so relatable and so heartbreaking in their own way. This is one of the most moving series I've ever read.

- Empire of Storms (Thrones of Glass #5) by Sarah J Maas, 693 pages : I had a lot of issues with this book. I think the main reason I kept reading is that I'm too invested in the story and I need to know how this ends (even though I have a pretty good idea).


- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K Rowling, 870 pages : I've read this because I wanted to read the Harry Potter series at least once (I don't think I could reread it every year though) but also to prove myself that I could. It's one of the first books I've read in english and it gave me a hard time but I did it !

Longest Books on my TBR


- The Winds of Winter (ASOIAF #6) by Georges RR Martin: Obviously. I'M READY FOR IT. Well I'd like to reread the series first but you get the point.

- The Marvels by Brian Selznick, 665 pages : I have no idea what it's about but I've been meaning to read something by this author for a long time. Probably won't happen soon though.

That's it for today. I tag :

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read ! 

Hope you enjoyed, see you next time.

16 commentaires:

  1. Wow, over a thousand pages is A LOT of pages! Idk if I've read any 1000+ page books. I have read the HP books though! I didn't realize any of them were that long. The Lumatere Chronicles sound good. The first book looks vaguely familiar. Have you talked about that series before? I added it to my tbr :-) Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to do this one at some point but it usually takes me forever to get to tags lol.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Haha I know ! At first I didn't think I could read that many pages but the story is so immersive I completely forgot about the rest.
      Hmm I think I did...? I don't remember lol
      No problem, I'm usually the same so I understand.

      Supprimer
  2. Thanks so much for the tag!! It seems like a super fun one to do. :) I have never read a book in the Games of Throne series. I had no idea they were 1000+ pages! That is intimidating and awesome all at once. I've only read Throne of Glass, but I don't know if I'm going to continue. I felt meh on the first book, and a lot of people seem to have issues with the later books in the series.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It is !
      The first time I saw the book I thought there was no way I'd read it. You're right, it's very intimidating.
      Hmm... I think you should try to read Crown of Midnight before giving up on the series, it's much better than Throne of Glass.

      Supprimer
  3. Fun tag! And thanks for tagging me- can't wait to do this one. :) I am so with you on the Winds of Winter- I need it like yesterday! And A Dance With Dragons is one of my favorite books, just because, like you said, there is SO much going on in it. An amazing book.

    I need to read some Sarah Maas too.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Haha I'm looking forward to reading your post, I'm sure you have lots of big books to recommend.
      I feel like I'll never have TWOW in my hands, I've waited for so long ! And now he's apparently working on another book about the Targaryens so... *sighs*.

      You haven't read the Throne of Glass series ? :o (I'm not asking about ACOTAR since you said you didn't like fairy tale retellings)

      Supprimer
    2. I haven't , although I've heard Celaena is the bomb?!?

      Supprimer
    3. You're asking one of the few people who don't like her haha

      Supprimer
  4. I totally forgot that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was that long-- I'm quite impressed it was one of the first books you read in English! I don't think I even managed to finish Le Petit Prince...xD

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Haha me too ! When I saw the number of pages I was very surprised.
      Hehe stop it, it's not that impressive *blushes*. The key is to never give up. And to not check every word you don't know (it becomes very frustrating after a while), you can do it !

      Supprimer
  5. Brian Selznik is awesome! I hope you enjoy The Marvels. :)

    By the way, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ooooh that makes me want to pick it up immediately ! But I can't arrrrrgh too many books on my TBR ><

      Thanks ! :D

      Supprimer
  6. So many good books on here! I've no idea what the Marvels is about, either, but I hope you enjoy it. And I hope Winds of Winter comes out eventually.... hahaha

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Haha me too ! I've heard lots of good things about it so I have high expectations for this book.
      *sighs* Maybe someday ... *hides in a corner to cry*

      Supprimer
  7. Wow those are some long books... I think the longest books I've read would probably have been in the Harry Potter series although they didn't feel thaaat long.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Long books are the best *.* Oh yeah this series is so easy to read !

      Supprimer